Saturday, December 26, 2009

What would you say is a very good cleanser for breakouts and blackheads?

I've tried many acne cleansers but nothing really worked.





Any ideas? xDWhat would you say is a very good cleanser for breakouts and blackheads?
I use Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. It's really gentle, scent free, and very affective. What really works for blackheads is a good toner. For the longest time I didn't even use a toner, but when I started to about a month ago ( I use Neutrogena Alcohol Free cleansing toner), after about a week, I noticed that all the blackheads on my nose were gone. I had even tried those pore strips, but nothing worked until this toner. I have also noticed that I get a lot fewer breakouts as well.


Anyway, good luck!What would you say is a very good cleanser for breakouts and blackheads?
nothing scrubby because that will only pop, irritate, and scar your pimples. If you use a scrub only use it on your blackheads and never use it on pimples.





Neutrogena foaming cleanser works the best for me. It is a little more expensive than other cleansers but it works.





Keep in mind that creamy cleansers will not be as dry because they hydrate your skin more and may cause it to be more oily so I would stick to a clear cleanser, foaming ones work best because they're not viscous meaning they are completely waterbased and therefore have the least amount of moisturizers. Scrubs have little particles in them that may get washed into your hair or might not wash off which may cause irritation or breakouts.





Also, stay away from gimmicks, pores are tiny, you cannot get inside them therefore any cleanser that says it gets deep inside your pores does not, it can't, acne comes from under your skin not from on top of it meaning it's caused by oils produced inside your skin not by dirt or anything on your face meaning mild soap will work just fine if you're using other treatments for your acne as well.
St. Ives Apricot Scrub.


I've heard a lot of people use this and then raving about how well it works so i bought and tried it a few months ago and i must say it has worked very well in keeping my skin clear especially since i always have horrible spots on the sides of my face, this product has reduced the number of spots i get. i love it and i think it's a very good buy considering it's inexpensive and widely available.


Also for healthy facial skin in general and to reduce acne moisturizing is very important because if skin becomes too dry it over produces oil which clogs pores. What i use with this is olay toner with witch hazel b/c that's a good astringent and has also greatly diminished my acne.
I found that many cleansers work, you just have to use them for 1-2 minutes. I use to rush through cleaning and once I took some time (keep it gentle), it made a HUGE difference no matter what acne cleanser I used. I do like the Biore cleansers and the ones from Noxema.
I use Proactive solution, it works for me, but i have recomended it for some of my friends and they said it hurts their face. But i have recently started using that new Wave thing, it's $20 and it comes with these foaming pads, i really like it cuz it takes all the make-up right off ur face which is key to healthy skin. but Try proactive. and for black heads, there is Clean and clear, black head clearing. Hope it works, if not tooth paste always works to dry them up, just dont use a whitening one... ^^
uh i have a routine that gets rid of them fast. first wash your face with neutogena oil free acne wash. and then use clearasil vanishing cream use a little more so you can see it smoothed over the pimple or pimple areas. [ i do this over night and my pimples are gone by morning]
I have the same problem.


What has been working for me lately is all i do is get a cotton ball and put some rubbing alcohol on it and cleanse my face with that morning and night. It works pretty good (:
PanOxyl Bar.





It keeps your skin clear and doensn't really dry it out. Great stuff!
ProActive Solution.
clean and clear is really good.


morning burst.


proactiv.


sensai! my absolute favorite.
proactive
clean and clear or image essentials [the purple bottle]
clean and clear morning burst


with the beads, it has shine control!

No comments:

Post a Comment